The weeks are ticking by and we hope you can join us for another year! Simply select the race of your choice and sign up here!
Join us for this brand-new addition to the popular Mid Sussex Marathon Weekend in 2020!
After another successful year in 2019, when over 1600 runners took part in the three days, the weekend returns for a ninth time in 2020 with the addition of a Half Marathon option.
The Mid Sussex Half Marathon Weekend
Saturday, Sunday and Monday May 23rd – 25th May 2020
A three race series. All races start at 10.30 am
Run them individually – or take part in all three, run 13.1 miles and receive a specially designed Commemorative Mid Sussex Half Marathon Weekend Medal.
All three races held under UKA Rules. UKA Licence to be applied for.
Using undulating roads, trails and pathways in and around Mid Sussex, the races are run over mainly traffic free routes.
Would suit runners of all standards including those new to 5 mile races and those looking to take part in their first race.
Prizes/trophies for: 1st, 2nd, 3rd Male and Female runners.
Saturday 23rd May 2020: East Grinstead Rugby Club, St Hill Road, East Grinstead, West Sussex, RH19 4JU
Sunday 24th May 2020: Victoria Park, Haywards Heath, West Sussex RH16 4LU
Monday 25th May 2020: Burgess Hill Academy, Station Road, Burgess Hill, West Sussex RH15 9EA
As you may have spotted, we’ve been busy updating our image and are now pleased to share this with you. We hope you like it!
Enter MSMW 2020 before 31st August 2019 at MSMW 2019 prices!
Just 4 weeks left to take advantage of our MSMW 2020 Early Bird Offer, what are you waiting for? Sign up here today .
Following a recent announcement , the early May Bank Holiday date will be moved to mark the 75th anniversary of VE Day, therefore we have decided to move the date of the Mid Sussex Marathon Weekend 2020 to the late bank holiday weekend in May.
We can confirm the event will now take place on the following dates;
Saturday 23rd May 2020: East Grinstead 10 Mile
Sunday 24th May 2020: Haywards Heath 10 Mile
Monday 25th May 2020: Burgess Hill 10K
The Mid Sussex Family Fun Run and Junior Mile Races will also take place on each day of the event.
Please get in touch if you have any questions or queries regarding the change of date.
Remember to follow our posts to keep up to date with all the latest news and information!
Just to reassure you, we are aware of the change to the early May Bank Holiday dates to mark the 75th anniversary of VE Day.
The team are currently working on a plan to accommodate this change and will make an announcement as soon as possible. Please follow our website & social media posts for further updates.
The clocks ticking, so don’t forget to sign up for our early bird offer!
It’s well documented that running is good for mental health. Relieving stress, improving sleep and boosting your mood are just some of the many benefits. So, for Mental Health Awareness Week here are 5 ways you can get involved in running;
1. Join a local running club, they offer great support and help you to meet other like minded people. Details of running clubs in Sussex can be found here.
2. If a local running group is not for you, then try an online running community such as The Lonely Goat Running Club. MSMW 2019 runner Rob, who was running for mental health,says the online community “offers great support”. We think that’s a fab idea!
3. If you’re totally new to running, try a ParkRun. Taking place all over the country they are open to everyone, free, safe and easy to take part in. Events take place in pleasant parkland surroundings and they encourage people of every ability to take part.
4. Check out your local Wellbeing Service, who offer support and guidance on a range of services, including how to start running.
5. If you feel you are not ready to start running, you can still be part of the community by volunteering to help at local events. Many running events can only take place because of the support of the amazing people who give up their time to volunteer. For inspiration, read out volunteer stories here.
Photo Credits: Just Simon Photography
The Perrymount Clinic are offering all Mid Sussex Marathon Runners a £10 discount off Deep Tissue Massage with Leanne.
Ideal if you’re still suffering some post marathon niggles or need injury treatment to help you get back to running again? Or maybe you are after a personal best?
A 45 minute massage for only £32 instead of £42. Call 01444 410944 to book or visit www.theperrymount.com. Offer valid until July 1st. Only one massage per person. Just mention you ran the Mid Sussex Marathon to receive your discount.
Entry for the Mid Sussex Marathon Weekend 2020 is OPEN! Sign up now at this years prices with our early bird offer!
Go on, you know you love it!