Are you one of the many parkrunners braving the elements today? Well we have some great news for you! Park runners are eligible for a discount at the Mid Sussex Mile Race taking place on each day of the Mid Sussex Marathon Weekend? Get in touch to find out more @parkrunUK
What a scorcher! We take our hats off to all runners today, hot and hilly but you did it!!! Enjoy cooling down tonight and we look forward to seeing you on Day 3 at Burgess Hill tomorrow.
You can check live results and order your photos via the link on our live results page
Thank you to Haywards Heath Wisdom Sports who have very generously donated prizes once again this year, including 2 pairs of lightweight and comfortable Trekz Titanium wireless stereo headphones. Stay tuned to find out how you can win a pair!
Don’t forget to download your route map from our website for details of the new route of the 2nd leg of the Mid Sussex Marathon Weekend.
Date: Sunday 6th May 2018
Start time: Mid Sussex Fun Run 9.30am, Mid Sussex Mile 10 am, Haywards Heath 10 Mile 10.30am
Start & Finish Location: Victoria Park, South Road, Haywards Heath, RH16 4HT
If you haven’t already, there’s still time to enter!
The Mid Sussex Marathon Weekend is now all set to include 9 events and we are excited to announce the popular Haywards Heath 10 Mile will follow a new route.
The 2 lap format will continue to start on South Road but a new section of the route has been designed to take runners through Beech Hurst Gardens and Bolnore Village to avoid the busy Traunstein Way, providing a safer route for participants and volunteer marshals.
The East Grinstead 10 Mile and Burgess Hill 10K routes will remain the same.
Whether you’re an elite runner or considering taking up running for the first time, here are our 5 top reasons to enter;
- Achieve something a new. A new PB, your first race or realising a personal challenge will give you an incredible sense of fulfillment.
- Choose the distance you feel comfortable with. The event is over 3 days so you can complete 1 mile, 10K, 10 Miles or a full marathon, the choice is yours.
- Become part of a community. Sharing experiences, meeting new friends and the amazing support for each other defiantly puts the ‘feel good factor’ into the Mid Sussex Marathon Weekend.
- Raise money for a charity. If a good cause is close to your heart, you can do your bit for them and help others benefit too.
- Meet the legendary Miles the dog, he’ll even help you warm up!
2017 entry frees held until end of day Sunday 1st October for all 2018 entries!
So just 3 days left to make the most of this offer, heres how to enter.
2018 Entry Fees will apply from 2nd October 2017.
We look forward to seeing you at Burgess Hill tomorrow for the last day of the Mid Sussex Marathon 2017. Here’s a reminder of today’s event;
Warming up the runners today were Personal Trainers Fiona Tuck, John Doswell and Kirsty Skingle from the Dolphin Leisure Centre.
Steph has completed another run, read her story here.