As you may have spotted, we’ve been busy updating our image and are now pleased to share this with you. We hope you like it!
Enter MSMW 2020 before 31st August 2019 at MSMW 2019 prices!
Just 4 weeks left to take advantage of our MSMW 2020 Early Bird Offer, what are you waiting for? Sign up here today .
Following a recent announcement , the early May Bank Holiday date will be moved to mark the 75th anniversary of VE Day, therefore we have decided to move the date of the Mid Sussex Marathon Weekend 2020 to the late bank holiday weekend in May.
We can confirm the event will now take place on the following dates;
Saturday 23rd May 2020: East Grinstead 10 Mile
Sunday 24th May 2020: Haywards Heath 10 Mile
Monday 25th May 2020: Burgess Hill 10K
The Mid Sussex Family Fun Run and Junior Mile Races will also take place on each day of the event.
Please get in touch if you have any questions or queries regarding the change of date.
Remember to follow our posts to keep up to date with all the latest news and information!
Just to reassure you, we are aware of the change to the early May Bank Holiday dates to mark the 75th anniversary of VE Day.
The team are currently working on a plan to accommodate this change and will make an announcement as soon as possible. Please follow our website & social media posts for further updates.
The clocks ticking, so don’t forget to sign up for our early bird offer!
It’s well documented that running is good for mental health. Relieving stress, improving sleep and boosting your mood are just some of the many benefits. So, for Mental Health Awareness Week here are 5 ways you can get involved in running;
1. Join a local running club, they offer great support and help you to meet other like minded people. Details of running clubs in Sussex can be found here.
2. If a local running group is not for you, then try an online running community such as The Lonely Goat Running Club. MSMW 2019 runner Rob, who was running for mental health,says the online community “offers great support”. We think that’s a fab idea!
3. If you’re totally new to running, try a ParkRun. Taking place all over the country they are open to everyone, free, safe and easy to take part in. Events take place in pleasant parkland surroundings and they encourage people of every ability to take part.
4. Check out your local Wellbeing Service, who offer support and guidance on a range of services, including how to start running.
5. If you feel you are not ready to start running, you can still be part of the community by volunteering to help at local events. Many running events can only take place because of the support of the amazing people who give up their time to volunteer. For inspiration, read out volunteer stories here.
Photo Credits: Just Simon Photography
The Perrymount Clinic are offering all Mid Sussex Marathon Runners a £10 discount off Deep Tissue Massage with Leanne.
Ideal if you’re still suffering some post marathon niggles or need injury treatment to help you get back to running again? Or maybe you are after a personal best?
A 45 minute massage for only £32 instead of £42. Call 01444 410944 to book or visit www.theperrymount.com. Offer valid until July 1st. Only one massage per person. Just mention you ran the Mid Sussex Marathon to receive your discount.
Entry for the Mid Sussex Marathon Weekend 2020 is OPEN! Sign up now at this years prices with our early bird offer!
Go on, you know you love it!
What an incredible finish to the Mid Sussex Marathon Weekend 2019! You can check results here.
Massive congratulations to everyone completing the final leg of the Mid Sussex Marathon and 10K race at Burgess Hill today. You are awesome!
Thank you to Burgess Hill Town Mayor Chris Cherry, Mayors Consort Richard Cherry and Chairman of Mid Sussex District District Bruce Forbes for presenting all the medals and prizes.
We hope you’ve enjoyed it, here are some of our favourite moments from today.
We hope you’re not feeling too sore after todays race. Dig deep, there’s just one more run to go to complete the Mid Sussex Marathon and collect your special commemorative medal and T-shirt!
We look forward to seeing you all again tomorrow at Burgess Hill.