The weeks are ticking by and we hope you can join us for another year! Simply select the race of your choice and sign up here!
Whether you want to stay healthy, raise money for a good cause or improve your PB, we hope your Christmas wishes come true, from all the team at MSMW.
It’s well documented that running is good for mental health. Relieving stress, improving sleep and boosting your mood are just some of the many benefits. So, for Mental Health Awareness Week here are 5 ways you can get involved in running;
1. Join a local running club, they offer great support and help you to meet other like minded people. Details of running clubs in Sussex can be found here.
2. If a local running group is not for you, then try an online running community such as The Lonely Goat Running Club. MSMW 2019 runner Rob, who was running for mental health,says the online community “offers great support”. We think that’s a fab idea!
3. If you’re totally new to running, try a ParkRun. Taking place all over the country they are open to everyone, free, safe and easy to take part in. Events take place in pleasant parkland surroundings and they encourage people of every ability to take part.
4. Check out your local Wellbeing Service, who offer support and guidance on a range of services, including how to start running.
5. If you feel you are not ready to start running, you can still be part of the community by volunteering to help at local events. Many running events can only take place because of the support of the amazing people who give up their time to volunteer. For inspiration, read out volunteer stories here.
Photo Credits: Just Simon Photography
The Perrymount Clinic are offering all Mid Sussex Marathon Runners a £10 discount off Deep Tissue Massage with Leanne.
Ideal if you’re still suffering some post marathon niggles or need injury treatment to help you get back to running again? Or maybe you are after a personal best?
A 45 minute massage for only £32 instead of £42. Call 01444 410944 to book or visit www.theperrymount.com. Offer valid until July 1st. Only one massage per person. Just mention you ran the Mid Sussex Marathon to receive your discount.
We heard some inspiring stories from runners at todays East Grinstead 10 Mile Event. We’ll be bringing you their stories over the next few days.
Like Sydney Mlambo, who ran the East Grinstead 10 Mile Race today to raise money for DEC Cyclone Idai Appeal. Cyclone Idai swept through Mozambique, Malawi and Zimbabwe just over 2 weeks ago, leaving a trail of destruction, killing 750 people and leaving 2.5 million people in need of help.
Who are AfterSHOKZ?
AfterSHOKZ are the trail blazers of bone conduction technology. Focusing on fundamental user experience and bone conduction technology in each generation of their products they have developed AfterShokz bone conduction technology.
Why are they different from other headphones?
Runners powered by their favorite sound track but still able to hear the traffic around, biker hearing both GPS navigation and cars approaching from behind, office worker enjoying music still maintaining communication with colleagues, mom listening to her podcast but won’t miss a single sound bit of her baby in the cradle, vision impaired going around the town hearing both GPS and surroundings… is that a beautiful world? Better yet, there is nothing in their ears.
and, you can win a pair of your own!
Simply tag a friend who you think should enter The Mid Sussex Marathon Weekend and add the tags #MidSussexMarathonWeekend and #AfterShokz to enter! The winner will be picked at random during the Haywards Heath 10 Mile Race on 5th May 2019. Best of luck! #competitionprize #winner
“There are a number of reasons why I volunteer. Volunteering can help gain confidence by giving you the chance to try something new and build a real sense of achievement. What you do also has a real and valuable positive affect on people, communities and society in general so you feel like you make a difference. Through volunteering I have met many different kinds of people and made a number of friends. It helps me to feel part of a community, something outside of friends and family.
All volunteering opportunities have allowed me to learn new skills and gain experience, sometimes there are even opportunities to gain new qualifications. I have found that through volunteering you can challenge yourself to try something different, achieve personal goals, practice using your skills and discover hidden talents. But most importantly you have fun! Most volunteers have a great time, regardless of why they do it.”Simon Kingsley-Young
Become part of our Volunteer family today, you won’t regret it!